Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last day

So I am currently sitting in a chair receiving my last herceptin treatment. I hope I didn't insult the wonderful nurses by telling them I really hoped I never saw them again (at least in this setting)! I am happy to have the procedures over, but it also makes you nervous as now you know it's up to your body to keep you healthy, and obviously my body hasn't been very successful doing that.

Now I am on to other things. Lauren's baby is going to arrive at any time. I am going to go down to Maryland to help out when he comes. Tommy will be my partner-in-crime as we explore the zoo and other places. We will have so much fun together. From there, Bob and I are going to continue heading south to check out Charleston and Savannah. We will also stop and see his brother in Aiken, SC and head over the border to Washington, GA--the site of my first teaching job in 1979. It was a very old and beautiful town, but still so very segregated back then. I'm interested to see how it has changed. We just like to wander while on vacation--no real specific destinations/timeline. We always have fun!

I continue to run--am back to my routine schedule of about 10 miles 5-6 days a week. I also cycle as often as possible. We've had more rain in the last couple weeks then anything, but hopefully summer will soon kick in.

No comments:

Post a Comment