Friday, June 11, 2010

Marathon Pictures















The first is a shot of the starting line with an insert of me finishing. This was from official pictures of the race. The second is mine and my parents' back with the shirts we wore on race day (you can see a little of Bob's arm). My skin was so pale then. Now it is leathery and peeling from the sunburn I got during the run.

I was back running easy yesterday and today. I can tell I'm not fully recovered, but my legs don't hurt at all; they are just heavy. The Susan G. Komen race is this weekend. Bob and I are volunteering at it, not running. I plan to take a (long) break from racing, seeing as I can't run hard anyway. Last herceptin is next week; then my heart can start to get stronger.

Billy is doing good work these days. He's working in a lab that is researching ways to stop prostate cancer from metastisizing into the bone. I don't pretend to understand, but he's been doing something to a gene that has been found to quickly metastisize. It is nice to see him doing meaningful work, no matter how small a role he is playing in the research.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are back home, taking some rest time, and starting to feel stronger. I hope you are not working at school this summer. It sounds like it was a very stressful year...I think you need to be away from it a bit.

    ReplyDelete