Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1

Why does February seem like the longest month of the year?

It's the month of the Comedy fundraiser. I think it is going to be a success. I love the looks of the attendees list already. It's a nice eclectic group of people of all ages. The basket collection (for raffle) is also going well. Lots of very generous people! With all the help I've had--Katie is so organized--it's been pretty easy for me. I feel like Katie, Marilyn and Tammy are doing more than me for it, especially Katie.

Time to pull out the marathon training plans--4 months to go. I'm not following any plan. Will just gradually increase my Saturday mileage until I'm up to 20 miles. I'm already at 11, so it can be very gradual. My weekday mileage is fine. I'm too old to do big jumps in mileage and I'm not allowed to increase intensity, so it will just have to be a slow, steady run. When I qualified for Boston, I ran in the 3:30s; I'm afraid this will be an hour slower, but I have to tell myself that is okay. I am doing this to have fun! Kally and AJ need to start making their plans. They are young, so if they don't follow the schedule religiously, it should probably be okay. Bob's the one I worry about; he's been having leg problems. Hopefully they'll straighten up in the next few weeks. With all the hardware in his ankle though, it may be tough--and painful--training.

No comments:

Post a Comment