Wednesday, February 24, 2010

flexibility! and this and that

I woke up and read the headlines on the news--winter storm warning Thursday-Saturday. And I'm scheduled for a 16 mile run on Saturday. Snowy roads would make it so much more difficult. I didn't have to teach this morning, the roads were clear and it was in the upper 20s--so I decided to do the 16 miler today. I couldn't venture too far out of the neighborhood since it was dark for most of the run, but it was a beautiful morning. For people who know my running, it's a big deal for me to change my plans on the spur of the moment. When I have a distance in mind (usually 10 miles), if I don't go at least that far I will run past my house to finish it, even if it's only to next door.

I hope the weather clears up before everyone comes on Friday and Saturday. We'll have a full house this weekend. I can't wait to see so many people. There are only 10 tickets left, so we've done a pretty good job. Baskets are still coming in; we have a great variety.

The marathon course finally came out. It looks like a nice course. It is net downhill and the last 8 or so miles are along the ocean. That should keep it cool.

With all my activities, I am way too busy. I'm trying to train, get organized for the fundraiser Sunday and am extremely busy at work. I've got lots of projects going on; I feel I hardly have time for classes (and grading!). I was even carrying a huge hockey bag with the college mascot (Bengal tiger) across campus today. My students are reading at the local grocery store (Wegmans on Amherst Street, if you want to come) on Saturday morning, and the Bengal will be roaming the store trying to get children to participate. Everyone who comes will go home with a book. Hopefully it all works out.

Got our NCAA basketball tickets delivered today. Those games are so much fun to watch. We've promised Lindsay the tickets though if Syracuse is in this region. Billy signed up for the MCATs today--I guess there's no backing out for him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment