Monday, March 1, 2010

Laughter is the Best Medicine

We did it! The comedy show was so much fun! The room was packed and we had 39 baskets to raffle. The only damper on the day was that USA hockey lost the heartbreaker. When the game went into overtime, just as I was to leave for the club, I was beginning to worry that no one would show up. When Canada won, I was afraid everyone would be too upset to come. But the crowds came and people were laughing hard, so I think it was a great success. It was such a fun way to raise money for a great cause. We should have the final tallies in a couple days.

It was interesting to see all my different worlds collide. There were family, neighbors, colleagues, students, my kids' friends, running friends, high school and college friends, Rochester friends (and we haven't lived there in 22 years), and my doctor. It was pretty amazing! I just wish I'd had the chance to talk to everyone more. I felt like I was bouncing from one place to another without stopping to really talk. I really wanted to thank everyone so much for coming and supporting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment