Sunday, May 16, 2010

3 weeks to go!

The countdown is on--3 weeks to marathon day! I finally finished another sort of marathon this afternoon--end of semester grading. It takes total focus and a disciplined brain for many days. I am happy to say, I am finished (and most students, though not all, did well)! Graduation was wonderful last night--I got to hood many of our masters' degree awardees. I have to write two reports tomorrow--I'm not doing them today--and then I can put this semester to bed. The rest of the week I have all-day meetings preparing for fall.

Yesterday, Bob and I ran 20 miles up by the river. It was a beautiful morning and I felt like I could run forever. We even negative splitted. I felt like I got even stronger the last 5 miles. I was wishing it was marathon day. Normally I don't eat or drink anything when I run--so bad--but we left later then I normally go out so I ate a banana beforehand. I also had a few swigs of Bob's water during the run. I'm guessing that helped with my energy at the end. I will have to practice eating and running these next couple weeks.

That was the last 20 miler before the marathon. I will do a long slow taper now. I want my legs as fresh as they can be on marathon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment