Saturday, May 1, 2010

wind me up

Wind me up and let me go. Completed another 20 miler this morning in just under 3 hours. I tell myself I am ready for the marathon, and then remember I still have an hour of running left. The bands at every mile will keep me going. It was amazing--70 degrees at 6 a.m.

It was my last Saturday of the Book Hour, so I won't have to head out so early after this weekend. Next weekend we will be in Maryland for Tommy's birthday. Can't believe he will be a year old. I do love running on the paths near Lauren's house. And now that I don't have to work on Saturday morning, Bob and I can go out together.

Random thoughts for today: the new grandbaby is due in 2 months. Another cute baby boy. Lindsay had a blast at the very muddy Kentucky Derby today and even had $5 on the winner (won $45). I thought she might like the horse because of his name (she has no money so is a Super Saver; she said it was because she likes the ragin' Cajun jockey). Since President Obama was the speaker at Michigan's graduation this year, does that mean they'll have a lousy one next year when Billy graduates? I asked Billy what he was doing after his last exam this week--his response--going to the library! Three weeks until the MCATs. I'm probably more anxious then he is for them!

1 comment:

  1. You bet I'll call YOU when I feel like slacking! Going to the Buff. State pool with you and Nancy and swimming laps was another one of those magic times for me where water provided therapy. You were training for a race and provided the needed impetus for us to get our butts out of the office and into the gym. I just remember how damn cold it was walking across campus!!! You go girl....20 miles in under 2 hours???WOW!

    ReplyDelete