Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wow, have I been busy!

This has been such a busy week, but very little has revolved around running. We have managed to see all the kids during the week and I've also managed to finish classes and exams and do major amounts of grading. Last weekend, we went to Silver Spring, MD to celebrate Tommy's first birthday. What a good and adorable little boy. We had so much fun with him--and with Lauren and Andy. They all seem so good. Next time I see them, they will have the second little boy. We also did get in a 13 mile run on the Capital Crescent Trail.

We came back Sunday and then Bob, Lindsay and I left for Ann Arbor, MI on Wednesday to see Billy and continue our tradition of going to a Yankee game. Since Billy isn't coming home this summer, we decided to go to a game in Detroit. The Yankees were only playing in Detroit once this year--this week. We had to work out the game between my finals' schedule and Billy's class and work schedule. No easy job. Luckily, we ended up at the only game of the series that the Yankees won (8-0). The weather wasn't too bad either, which means we didn't get rained on. We had great seats and the kids had fun together. And, to make them happier, Eminem and Jay-Z were there and we got to see them.

Happy Birthday to Dad--he turns 81 tomorrow. It won't be as fun as last year's birthday (when the whole family showed up to surprise him), but hope it's still a good one.

This is such a fun time of year, even though I haven't been in town much. Actually, all the driving has helped me get my grading done. Bob drives most of the way while I work. Tomorrow morning is our department's Honors and Awards Breakfast. I get to introduce my student teacher as she's winning a major award. Saturday is graduation. I get to hood the masters' candidates from our department. It's all very rewarding to see how far the students have come.

Also Saturday is the final 20 mile run before the taper begins. We are getting down to the wire.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! I don't know how you do it at this busy time of the year but it's all good isn't it? Thinking of you becoming a grandma for the second time!!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete