Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ugh!

Nothing worse then waking up and finding 8 inches of unplowed snow in the streets--not to mention cold and blowing snow. Ended up cycling 50 miles at the gym instead of running. I need to cross train one or two days a week to give my feet some rest. I just don't like when it's on the weekend--I like running when the traffic is down. We're supposed to get another 6-12 inches tonight, so it looks like treadmill tomorrow. We'll see how long I can manage it.

One thing I've noticed since I've been running is that the roads are no longer plowed in the morning. I'm guessing it is they can't afford the overtime. We never did see a plow today. It used to always be plowed by the time I got up.

This coming week we are going to start full tilt planning the fundraiser at Rob's Comedy Playhouse. We're sending letters to individuals and businesses to have people buy tickets and donate theme baskets or items for the baskets. Hopefully we'll have a great response. So far I have over $1500 on the website. I'm well on the way to reaching the goal.

I'm also planning on finding hot pink technical tee shirts for everyone running with me. Yellow and green are too common; I thought pink would better fit the theme anyway. Hopefully I can find someone to help underwrite them--it can get expensive. So far, I have a niece and nephew, and possibly Bob, running the marathon. Now we need to find some relays. We have 3 people for one. Hoping to get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment