Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Winter has surely arrived. Couldn't run yesterday because the plows hadn't come through in the morning, so I wanted to try today. It was the first morning of the year with single digit temperatures and wind chills well below freezing--Arizona in two weeks is looking better and better! I felt like a toddler getting ready to go out--luckily I didn't have to go to the bathroom (like a real toddler) after I was totally dressed. It doesn't feel too bad it you have the right clothes on and some hand warmers in your gloves. I even got to try out my new running shoes--they are gore tex to keep my feet dry and have a lot of extra traction on the bottom to help grip the snow. Looking at them, you'd think they were heavy and feel more like hiking boots, but they felt pretty good wearing them. They go high over the ankle, so I had some chafing. Body Glide will take care of that though.

Off to my herceptin treatment. This should make it the last of 2009--and 4 months down with 8 to go. Billy is home and has offered to come with me, as long as it came with a promise of lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment