Friday, December 11, 2009

Buffalo Lockjaw

Not a great book, but a great description of what we all look like when outside in the cold and wind! I decided I'd had enough of the treadmill, so took to the outdoors this morning. I only meant to go 5 miles--it was 16 degrees with 20-30 mph winds and snow covered roads, but once I got out, it was too freeing to stop. If you dress correctly, once your face goes numb the cold isn't too bad. The hardest part is when a gust of wind comes and you are running in place.

These roads are not for amateurs, or anyone with screws and rods in their leg (Bob). You have to be careful about the type of snow you are running on--and a shot of bare pavement does not always mean safety. You also have to take turns very wide. Trust me, I've made all the rookie mistakes--even when not a rookie--and have had the scrapes and bruises to show for it. Luckily, I've never broken any bones, which is more than I can say for others I know.

Hopefully we're at the tail end of the lousy weather and the roads will be clear for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment