Saturday, December 5, 2009

So Over Winter

Winter has finally arrived in WNY; I am officially ready for spring! We had two snowfalls this week and the temperatures have turned sharply colder. We knew it was coming, but it is still a shock to my system at least. Now the running gets harder--not only cold and wind to deal with, but slippery roads most days. I also have to alter my routes, since the sidewalks are generally covered with snow and ice. In this weather I am usually cold all the time, but somehow I can shut off that part of my brain when I run. I put little heat warmers in my gloves to keep my hands warm and the rest of me seems not to feel the cold so much. As soon as I stop running though, I get very cold again.

One more week of classes to go for this semester so it means only one thing--grading--morning, noon and night. How fast this semester has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment