Thursday, December 10, 2009

Passed the test, but how can you run in this?

I had a muga scan this week and passed it with flying colors. My heart efficiency popped back to almost pre-herceptin levels. I may not be able to come back to the states from Canada, but I can run to my heart's content again. The problem is, the weather this week hasn't been very kind to my training. Sixty mph winds with driving rain, sleet and then whiteout snow doesn't make it easy. I have gone to the gym and tried to do the treadmill. For whatever reason, I find it excruciating. I did an hour yesterday, but only 35 min. today. Then I have to jump off and head for the bicycle. As long as I can read, I can ride the indoor bike. I just bring my newspaper and ride. Today though, that wasn't even an option. I knew that, unless I wanted to be on the road for hours, I would have to leave for work early--so I cut my workout short.

It's always an adventure in this weather. Yesterday I had class in the basement of our building. Because we had every type of weather imaginable, including lightening, the power went out. It was pitch black and suddenly all these cell phones were opened up. (I never would have thought of that!) The power was out for a half hour, and it was too dark to even move until the emergency lights went on in the hall. Today, all the schools locally were closed for the storm. I worry about my students driving in it. They're not very experienced drivers, and I know how I wouldn't let my own kids take my car in this weather when they were 19-20 years old. Most of them made it to class this morning though; probably because it was the last day of classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment