Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Uncovering

Today was the official unveiling of my head (hair) at school. I wasn't sure the students would recognize me--none of them this semester had seen me without my hat. No one seemed thrown, though several mentioned it.

Hair re-growth is an interesting thing. Last time it grew back, it was pure white and tight, tiny springs (ringlets). It looked much fuller. This time it grew back very straight and baby fine. It reminded me of Billy's short hair when he was about 3 years old. It doesn't fill in nearly as well; I've had to work hard to get it to curl some to give it body. It was a mixture of brown and white though. I'm not sure what accounts for the changes.

First day of December and the first day of snow for the year. There was about 4 inches of wet snow on the ground this morning, so I wimped out and went to the gym where I cycled. I just can't get on the treadmill. I feel the worst day outside is better than the best day inside on a treadmill. Oh well, my body probably needed the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment