Monday, November 30, 2009

post-Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is over and the kids are back where they belong. We had such a nice weekend, but it goes too fast. We didn't even get to see all of the in-town family. Bob and I did skip our long weekend run to have breakfast with Becky, a great friend from middle school, and her husband, David. I could talk for hours about Becky and my relationship. By the time we were 13 she knew more about me then probably anyone except Bob. I did get my run in anyway before meeting up with them.

Had to drive to Cleveland yesterday to take Billy to his ride the rest of the way back to Michigan. At least it gave me a chance to get a lot of work done. Three weeks to go in the semester and a ton of grading to do. When will I learn to assign less? I'm sure the students wouldn't mind! There is just so much they need to know and be able to do; I can't back off.

Bob had cataract surgery today on one eye, with the other next week. Seems like we spend much of our time at doctor's offices! I'm sure we are the insurance company's nightmare. Luckily they have been wonderful about approving all of the procedures.

Now on to the push toward Christmas. It will be hard to get organized until the semester is over--grades are due on December 21. Full speed ahead until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment