Friday, November 20, 2009

Generosity

I am amazed at the generosity of family, good friends, acquaintances, and people I do not yet know. There are people helping with the fundraiser at Rob's Comedy Playhouse--planning and creating theme baskets. Several out of town family and friends have promised to come to the event (as long as the weather holds up). Greek Life on campus helping with my bottle deposit collections. Desiree and Zoe have a lot to do keeping up with school and re-naming/chartering their sorority, but still offering to help me out. Colleagues who have become good friends, neighbors on my street, people I do not know or have met a couple times but who know of me have all been donating money to my Roswell website (http://giving.roswellpark.org/netcommunity/kimtruesdell). I am truly humbled by this support. Running the marathon will be much easier knowing all these people are behind me.

Good luck to dad who had knee replacement surgery yesterday. You have 7 months of rehab. so you will be able to walk around San Diego cheering for all of us running the marathon and/or relays. Maybe you'll feel so good you'll want to join us! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment