Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving already. We will have a small table this year--only 5 of us. The food will be just as tasty, though we'll miss Lauren and Andy--and Tommy's first Thanksgiving :-(, and Kathy and John and crew. We will try to keep the same traditions.

The longest continuous footrace is the Buffalo Turkey Trot--5 miles down Delaware Ave. This is the 114th running of it, and my 15th straight. I started running when Bob wanted to run the 100th one. I raced last year (2nd in age, just like every race last year), but am just going to have fun and run with Bob and Billy. This is the only day of the year that Billy runs. It's actually more fun running slowly and looking around at all the people in costumes and silly things going on. Lindsay will be on the course with a sign she made, cheering us on. I'll probably do 5 miles around the neighborhood first. As soon as we get home, the turkey goes in and the eating begins.

We have lots to be thankful for this year. It hasn't always been easy, but I try to keep what is important at the forefront and let go of that which isn't. Just try not to waste any of your life complaining or being sad. There are too many good things going on. Everyone is happy and healthy right now, or on the mend (Dad). I have lots of very caring people trying to keep me healthy. We have an adorable grandbaby and one on the way--and I'm sure he/she will be just as adorable (and Lindsay is just as adorable and more helpful than Tommy-okay Lingo?). Two of the kids are self-sufficient and we have a wonderful son-in-law addition. Billy is doing well in school and loving it--just like he should. We are also lucky ,with amazing extended family on both sides. I also feel like a rarity in that I have a great job with wonderful colleagues and students. Plus, lots of people are helping me raise money for Roswell, and for that I'm very grateful. More good things then can ever be stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment