Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beautiful Autumn Weekend

Another beautiful weekend in Buffalo--it almost makes up for the crummy summer--but not really. Too bad the Bills, once again, had to spoil the end of the weekend.

I love the weekend runs when Bob and I go out together. We've explored so many trails and towns that I would never do on my own (partly for safety sake, partly because I'd get hopelessly lost). This weekend's run took us through South Buffalo. I highly recommend running as a way to see the area. It's faster than walking so you can cover a lot more ground, but not too fast that you miss the sights. You just have to be careful, though, not to trip over a bump in the road or sidewalk (I have experience!). Anyway, we started in the industrial area, worked our way through the park and ran through some nice, tidy neighborhoods. The changing (and different from usual) scenery allows me to run without headphones.

Next weekend is not looking so good weather-wise, but we do have the Turkey Trot on Thursday morning. The most enjoyable part is making Billy get up to run and Lindsay getting up to cheer us on.

I spent a couple hours this morning planning for the comedy club fundraiser. Katie is so helpful and brainstorming with Marilyn, who has experience, and Tammy--so smart and clever--will assuredly make the evening a success. I'm really excited about some of the ideas. Hopefully we can get donations for some great baskets. I'm more worried about selling 125 tickets, but they seem to think that will be easy. I trust them!

No comments:

Post a Comment