Thursday, April 8, 2010

Everything is blooming, except the weather

The trees are starting to bud, the daffodils are out, the grass is green--spring in Buffalo can be beautiful. Now if only the weather would cooperate again! I had to run home fast this morning after only five miles--I've read enough stories of people being struck by lightening while running. It wasn't raining yet, but it stopped me in my tracks a couple times by the jagged streaks and the brightness. When you hear a siren a minute after you see the lightening, you know it's too close to be outside. Now tomorrow they are predicting a possibility of a little snow. Oh where are you record high temperatures of last week? (I know, I can't be greedy!)

Less than two months until marathon day. At this point, the focus becomes staying injury-free and healthy. I know I will be ready to run the distance. The sad news, AJ, my nephew who was to run with me, tried to enter last week, and the race was sold out. There is no way for him to enter now. That is really too bad.

Random thoughts of the day--
Today is Tommy's 11 month birthday. Where did the last year go? I was in treatment all year, but it still seemed to fly by. Only 5 weeks left of the school year, and so much more to accomplish. My students are anxious, but panicking over all the work they have left to do.
New grandbaby is due in less than 3 months. That's exciting, but it means Lauren, Andy and babies will be moving far away two months after that.
Lindsay has become an active exerciser--now we know the world is tilting the wrong way! Proud she's become a big sister to a young girl in Buffalo.
Billy can take a deep breath after he finishes his physics test tonight. So much to study for still. Needs to find the class he has to have this summer. Needs to get a lab job. Needs to do well on the MCATs next month. When does the worrying of a mother end?

No comments:

Post a Comment