Monday, April 19, 2010

Finely tuned animals

We must be such finely tuned animals that when anything goes wrong, the body sends out signals. After you've been sick like me, they become warning signals. The last warning signals were high liver enzyme numbers. There are many causes of elevated numbers (that is where the internet is helpful, but also can cause alarm!). Luckily, after a CT scan, I can safely say my liver is healthy. Right now there is not a known reason for the numbers, but there might not be any reason. I will not run before my next blood test--strenuous exercise can be a reason for the elevation. At any rate, I have a healthy liver!

Now I just have to get through the stress test. After running a steady 20 miler this weekend, I doubt my heart is stressed. I feel like you can just wind me up, let me go, and 3 hours later I've run a (slow) steady 9 minutes per mile 20 miler. I may not be good at much, but I can run a very steady pace for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment